We’re happy to announce the GA release of Sentinel RMS 9.1 with Connected Licensing and Sentinel EMS Enterprise 4.1
I. Sentinel RMS 9.1 with Cloud Connected Licensing
The Sentinel RMS 9.1 with Cloud Connected Licensing introduces several new features and improvements:
- Pure Cloud Licensing – ISVs can now enable their hosted applications to interact with licenses stored directly in the cloud.
- Named User Licensing – enables ISVs to tie licenses to a user as opposed to a device, ensuring a user can access the licensed software from any device that they log into. This feature is mainly intended for hosted applications.
- Redundant License Manager Support for Lease Licenses – allows ISVs to deploy RMS redundant servers whilst leveraging the cloud connected licensing benefits.
- MAC Support for Standalone Leased Licenses – enables ISVs to support their applications running on MAC to leverage the leased license capabilities directly from a client computer.
II. Sentinel EMS 4.1
The Sentinel EMS 4.1 introduces several new features and improvements:
- Support for Pure Cloud Licensing – allows ISVs to activate or provision pure cloud leased licenses in addition to the on premise traditional application license activations.
- Support for Named User Licenses – allows ISVs to create and manage licenses that can be consumed only by specific users or entities. A named user license gives exclusive licensing rights to users whose names have been specified in the license.
- License Enforcement Support for Sentinel Fit – out of the box support for Sentinel Fit, which offers an extremely small footprint with minimal licensing features that is suitable for embedded devices.
- Enhanced Administration Console – equips ISVs with a restructured Admin console to present the configuration settings more intuitively i.e. grouped as per the chosen enforcement(s).
For more details refer the link : https://sentinel.gemalto.com/software-monetization/sentinel-rms/
Download the package from below Service Portal links:
- UUID value is calculated by OS at the time of system boot up. The value of UUID calculation is dependent on which OS we are using.
- UUID value may get change due to OS upgrade or change in the component of motherboard .
- UUID implementation in RMS is mainly done for virtual machine. The UUID (the one returned by dmidecode) is used as the inventory UUID property of ESX hosts and vCenter, and duplication of the UUID is not allowed on the same system. This means only one machine can have that UUID per vCenter.
- Manually changing the UUID will most likely cause the fingerprint to change, and hence prevent the application from accessing the license. If you are not using VMs, then you may choose other locking criteria also.
The issue – Denial of access permission on the certain registry entries causes lsclean to fail. When RMS server starts, it creates these registry entries for persisting some information and assigns the default permissions to these entries. It may be that that some external application had changed the default access permission of these entries or it’s root entry.
Solution – Add the following two entries to a txt file, and use the regini command in command prompt on that text file to add these to the registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ntpad\HELPMENU [1 5 10 21]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ntpad [1 5 10 21]
This will elevate the registry permissions to let lsclean clean the persistence.
Issue: -- YPS Communication Failure:
A communication error occurs, such as data post error or SSL certificate problem.
In case of YPS communication failure issues we can use curl.exe to check if the YPS address is reachable or not.
Note: Simply using ping against the YPS address doesn’t work.
The command that could be used as follows:
If proxy is NOT configured:
curl.exe –v <YPS_Address> --cacert <path to SafeNetCA.crt>
If proxy is configured:
curl.exe -v –x <Proxy_Address:80> <YPS_Address> --cacert <path to safeNetCA.crt>
curl.exe is an open source and could be downloaded easily.
Following is the download link-
- 32-Bit version : http://winampplugins.co.uk/curl/curl_7_49_1_openssl_nghttp2_x86.7z
- 64-Bit version : http://winampplugins.co.uk/curl/curl_7_49_1_openssl_nghttp2_x64.7z
In LDK-Cloud v3.6, a random value called Globally Unique Identifier (GUID) is assigned as “Customer Ref ID” when a new customer is created and is independent of “Ref ID” specified while creating a new customer. So there is no option to create “Customer Ref ID” manually in LDK-Cloud v3.6.
Note : In Pure Cloud v3.6, we do have the option to manually specify the “Customer Ref Id” while creating new customer.
Sentinel LDK license manager service crashes with code:2 on MAC OS X when Kernel Debug Detection/Core Dumps are enabled
In order to resolve this, use below commands to reset / disable Kernel Debug Detection/Core Dumps and then restart the MAC.
sudo nvram boot-args=""
sudo nvram -d boot-args
Under the mentioned scenario, Drivers are installed successfully, Admin Control Center works fine, but the key is not recognized by Windows. Devicelock blocks Windows from writing to or contacting a USB key, so the key just shows in Device Manager under ‘other devices’ and never really installs.
To fix this,uninstall Devicelock software from machine and reboot PC (reboot is essential). After this the key will be recognized and begins to work.
In order to fix the issue occurred after changing the IP below steps can be followed:
- Go to the Machine where database is installed.
- Open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Go to Inbound Rules.
- Double click on MySQL.
- Go to Scope tab.
- Under Remote IP address select “These IP Addresses” and Add the new IP address of EMS Server machine and click on Apply.
This workaround would probably fix the changes.
Sentinel Envelope for Android 3.0 is available for download. The tool runs on Windows to encrypt and obfuscate a vendor’s application and dynamic library that is targeted to run on Android platform, preventing it from being disassembled and reverse-engineered.
Major features of Envelope are:
- Licensing Agnostic
- The Envelope package is Windows installer
- Support for protection of native (C/C++) binaries
- Export table protection for native binaries
- Encryption of binary (native)
- Support for both soft-float and hard-float ABI
- Support for both BFD and Gold linker
- Support for ARM v6, v7 and v8binaries
- Supports ARM architecture 7 and 8
- Supports x86 and x86_64 architecture
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit applications
The Envelope tool package can be downloaded from Sentinel Customer Community (SCC) site.
Sentinel Fit is an addition to the Sentinel Family allowing Intelligent Device Vendors (IDVs) the ability to leverage secure licensing for restricted environments. Sentinel Fit is not a replacement for the more mature fully featured RMS and LDK product lines but can positioned in parallel for those situations where restrictions are placed on the Licensing Run-Time due to restrictions in the available memory and storage of the target platform. The primary objective of Sentinel Fit is to offer a license enforcement runtime that is designed from the ground up for ultra-low footprint environments such as microcontrollers and the myriad of devices that dominate the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem.
Sentinel Fit features:
Ultra-Low Footprint – enables IDVs to allow the run-time components shipped on a device to exist and function when there are restrictions on the operating environment i.e. processing power, run-time memory and disk space.
Highly Portable – enables IDVs to deploy the Sentinel Fit runtime onto a myriad of different environments and platforms, across OS variants, CPU architectures and board types.
Feature Based Software Licensing – enables IDVs with feature based licensing which controls the application behavior to only allow access/use of features if a valid license exists.
Secure Tamper-Proof Licensing – enables IDVs with a secure copy protection solution.
Entitlement Management – enables IDVs to provide a scalable enterprise software license and entitlement management solution. Sentinel Fit v1.0 can be used only with EMS Enterprise Trial licenses (not available for production).
For more details refer the link : http://www.safenet-inc.com/software-monetization/sentinel-fit/
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
Sentinel RMS 9.1 with Connected Licensing and Sentinel EMS Enterprise 4.1 – GA ANNOUNCEMENT
SM Client Services | September 22, 2016, 05:50 am
UUID locking criteria in RMS
SM Client Services | September 2, 2016, 12:00 am
lsclean failing to clean server commuter license
SM Client Services | September 2, 2016, 12:00 am
Communication issues with YPS in Sentinel Cloud
SM Client Services | August 31, 2016, 09:35 am
LDK-EMS with Cloud v3.6 - No option to create Customer Ref Id Manually
SM Client Services | August 31, 2016, 09:34 am