Sentinel LDK provides a sample that demonstrates the use of Sentinel LDK Licensing API when using the Delphi 32-bit or 64-bit interface (COFF format).
When you build the sample using the hasp_windows_delphi_<vendorID>.obj file downloaded from Gemalto servers with the Sentinel Master Wizard, the following errors occur:
[Error] hasp_unit.pas(784): Unsatisfied forward or external declaration: 'RtlUnwind' [Fatal Error] hasp_demo.dpr(18): Could not compile used unit 'hasp_unit.pas'
Add the following declaration in the hasp_unit.pas file:
procedure RtlUnwind; external kernel32 name 'RtlUnwind';
Scenario: Data Migration Tool is used to migrate content from Business Studio to EMSDB fails if JRE version is greater than java 8 update 71.
The error returned is not much exhaustive as it says that BSS service is not running although the service is up and the connection to BSS database worked fine.
Solution: On the BSS server machine, make sure there is JRE version older than java 8 update 71.
We’re happy to announce the GA release of Sentinel LDK 7.5
In this release of Sentinel LDK, we have broaden the LDK licensing and protection to additional operating systems and platforms, so that we can offer a breadth of solutions to our existing and new customers to match their needs. The new features and improvements introduced are as below:
- Enhanced Support on Android – allows ISVs to have comprehensive options to protect native and Java Android applications with Sentinel LDK.
- Enhanced Support on Linux – completes the protection of Linux ARM based platforms. Allows ISVs to have Sentinel HL and Sentinel SL protection keys on Linux platforms.
- EMS support for browsers without Java Runtime Environment – following the removal of Java support from many popular web browsers, EMS can now be used without it, utilizing the LDK Runtime Environment instead.
- New Clone Protection Scheme for Virtual Machines – allows ISVs to use a new clone protection scheme for protecting applications that are operated on virtual machines.
- Enhanced Video Content Protection – allows ISVs to protect MP4 files played with HTML5.
- Alert for Battery Depletion of Vendor Keys – alerts the ISV when a Master or Developer key with nearly depleted battery is detected and guides on steps to order a replacement without any cost.
- Gemalto Rebranding – showcases Sentinel LDK as part of Gemalto Software Monetization portfolio with a completely redesigned look and feel of the Physical as well as Software Development Kits.
Please refer to the readme/package available on SCC website here .
We are glad to announce that Sentinel Fit 1.1 is now available in GA
The previous process for delivering evaluation versions of Sentinel Fit 1.0 has now been replaced by a new process which is based on entering an order – for both evaluation and subscription.
Sentinel Fit 1.1 contains the following features:
- Pre-Compiled Binaries for easier evaluation on a TIVA board (non-marketable – for improved evaluation experience)
- Even smaller footprint than we have today. In version 1.1 we are including the ability to choose between RSA and a new AES method. This “choice” leverages the existing marketing message of modularity. AES gives you an even smaller footprint at the “cost” of using symmetric keys.
- Production Backend with EMS 4.1.100. In Sentinel Fit v1.1 we will allow a production purchase EMS Enterprise which will support Sentinel Fit v1.1. With this release a single installation of EMS 4.1.100 will support managing both RMS/Cloud and Fit.
- With Sentinel Fit 1.1 we made many improvements to the evaluation process based on both internal and external feedback. With Sentinel Fit 1.1 for the evaluation we believe the experience will be improved.
The new version (trial) is available for download here . To move to production customers would need a Master key, which will be available as part of Sentinel Fit 1.1 Starter Kits (due in November).
We are happy to announce the availability of Sentinel LDK and Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment Installer for Windows, Linux and Mac.
Same RTE Windows package will be released also through Windows Updates in next days.
Please refer to the readme included in the packages available on SCC website here , to see the supported operating systems, enhancements, known compatibility issue, and issues resolved.
We’re happy to announce the GA release of Sentinel RMS 9.1 with Connected Licensing and Sentinel EMS Enterprise 4.1
I. Sentinel RMS 9.1 with Cloud Connected Licensing
The Sentinel RMS 9.1 with Cloud Connected Licensing introduces several new features and improvements:
- Pure Cloud Licensing – ISVs can now enable their hosted applications to interact with licenses stored directly in the cloud.
- Named User Licensing – enables ISVs to tie licenses to a user as opposed to a device, ensuring a user can access the licensed software from any device that they log into. This feature is mainly intended for hosted applications.
- Redundant License Manager Support for Lease Licenses – allows ISVs to deploy RMS redundant servers whilst leveraging the cloud connected licensing benefits.
- MAC Support for Standalone Leased Licenses – enables ISVs to support their applications running on MAC to leverage the leased license capabilities directly from a client computer.
II. Sentinel EMS 4.1
The Sentinel EMS 4.1 introduces several new features and improvements:
- Support for Pure Cloud Licensing – allows ISVs to activate or provision pure cloud leased licenses in addition to the on premise traditional application license activations.
- Support for Named User Licenses – allows ISVs to create and manage licenses that can be consumed only by specific users or entities. A named user license gives exclusive licensing rights to users whose names have been specified in the license.
- License Enforcement Support for Sentinel Fit – out of the box support for Sentinel Fit, which offers an extremely small footprint with minimal licensing features that is suitable for embedded devices.
- Enhanced Administration Console – equips ISVs with a restructured Admin console to present the configuration settings more intuitively i.e. grouped as per the chosen enforcement(s).
For more details refer the link : https://sentinel.gemalto.com/software-monetization/sentinel-rms/
Download the package from below Service Portal links:
- UUID value is calculated by OS at the time of system boot up. The value of UUID calculation is dependent on which OS we are using.
- UUID value may get change due to OS upgrade or change in the component of motherboard .
- UUID implementation in RMS is mainly done for virtual machine. The UUID (the one returned by dmidecode) is used as the inventory UUID property of ESX hosts and vCenter, and duplication of the UUID is not allowed on the same system. This means only one machine can have that UUID per vCenter.
- Manually changing the UUID will most likely cause the fingerprint to change, and hence prevent the application from accessing the license. If you are not using VMs, then you may choose other locking criteria also.
The issue – Denial of access permission on the certain registry entries causes lsclean to fail. When RMS server starts, it creates these registry entries for persisting some information and assigns the default permissions to these entries. It may be that that some external application had changed the default access permission of these entries or it’s root entry.
Solution – Add the following two entries to a txt file, and use the regini command in command prompt on that text file to add these to the registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ntpad\HELPMENU [1 5 10 21]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ntpad [1 5 10 21]
This will elevate the registry permissions to let lsclean clean the persistence.
Issue: -- YPS Communication Failure:
A communication error occurs, such as data post error or SSL certificate problem.
In case of YPS communication failure issues we can use curl.exe to check if the YPS address is reachable or not.
Note: Simply using ping against the YPS address doesn’t work.
The command that could be used as follows:
If proxy is NOT configured:
curl.exe –v <YPS_Address> --cacert <path to SafeNetCA.crt>
If proxy is configured:
curl.exe -v –x <Proxy_Address:80> <YPS_Address> --cacert <path to safeNetCA.crt>
curl.exe is an open source and could be downloaded easily.
Following is the download link-
- 32-Bit version : http://winampplugins.co.uk/curl/curl_7_49_1_openssl_nghttp2_x86.7z
- 64-Bit version : http://winampplugins.co.uk/curl/curl_7_49_1_openssl_nghttp2_x64.7z
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
LDK 7.5 - Build Error Occurs When Building the Sample With hasp_windows_delphi_.obj
SM Client Services | November 9, 2016, 08:33 am
Data Migration Tool fails if JRE is greater than 8_up71
SM Client Services | November 9, 2016, 08:32 am
Sentinel LDK 7.5 – GA ANNOUNCEMENT
SM Client Services | October 18, 2016, 12:38 am
Sentinel Fit v1.1
SM Client Services | October 18, 2016, 12:36 am
Sentinel LDK Runtime 7.51 available for download
SM Client Services | October 7, 2016, 02:31 am