Error when trying to install the RTE on windows machine:
Unable to install c:\WINDOWS\system32\setup\aladdin\hasphl\akshasp.inf file.
This is an internal error. For assistance, contact your administrator or the software manufacturer.
Status Code: 42 5 1340
1. Restart your computer into safe mode.
2. Login using the Administrator’s account
3. In Start, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt, and click on Run as Administrator.
4. In DOS type :- net stop cryptsvc.
5. Press enter and wait for the computer to say it has stopped this service
6. Close DOS and remain in Windows Safe Mode.
7. Go into My computer and navigate to your Windows directory.
8. Find the folder windows\software distribution and remove the contents, but not the folder itself.
9. Then navigate to windows\system32\catroot2 folder and remove the contents of that folder.
10. Right click on the catroot2 folder and rename it to catroot3.
11. Restart windows and login as normal.
RUS branding localization was introduced in LDK EMS 7.5 for the first time, earlier RUS versions do not support any localization.
Whenever RUS utility is launched, it looks for system locale names in the form "language_country" ( where language is a lowercase, two-letter ISO 639 language code, and country is an uppercase, two- or three-letter ISO 3166 country code).
Available languages (besides English) are:
where “de_DE”, “ja_JP”, “zh_CN”, “it_IT”, “ru_RU”, “es_ES” and “fr_FR” are the system locale names that RUS utility supports, means if RUS tool detects any of these 7 system locale, UI for RUS will be shown in respective system locale language.
Input Parameter: Key Id
- Customer Name (CSTMRName)
- Entitlement ID (ENTId, EId)
- Start date of Entitlement (StartDate)
- End date of Entitlement (EndDate)
- Reference ID 1 (RefId1)
- Reference ID 2 (RefId2)
- Key Type (KeyTypeId)
- Hasp ID (HASPId)
- Product ID (PrdId)
- Product Name (PRDName)
- Product Version (productVersion)
- Feature ID (FTRId)
- Feature Name (FTRName)
- License Model (LMName)
Note: The exact ‘Column Names’ (from the below mentioned EMSDB Tables) are mentioned in bracket(s), as above.
SQL-Query is as follows :
DECLARE @KEY_ID varchar(255);
SET @KEY_ID = 'Enter Key Id';
SELECT Top 1 CSTMRName, te.ENTId, EId, te.Descr, te.StartDate, te.EndDate, te.RefId1, te.RefId2, tt.KeyTypeId, tt.HASPId, telips.PrdId, PRDName, tp.Ver AS productVersion, tf.FTRId,FTRName, LMName FROM dbo.T_CSTMR tc
JOIN dbo.T_ENT te ON te.CSTMRId = tc.CSTMRId
JOIN dbo.T_ENT_LINE_ITEM teli ON teli.ENTId = te.ENTId
JOIN dbo.T_ENT_ACTIVATION tea ON tea.LineItemId = teli.LineItemId
JOIN dbo.T_TARGET tt ON tt.TargetId = tea.TargetId
JOIN dbo.T_ENT_LINE_ITEM_PRD_SUITE telips ON telips.LineItemId = teli.LineItemId
JOIN dbo.T_ENT_FTR_LM tefl ON tefl.PrdSuiteLineItemId = telips.PrdSuiteLineItemId
JOIN dbo.T_LM tl ON tl.LMId = tefl.LMId
JOIN dbo.T_PRD tp ON tp.PRDId = telips.PrdId
JOIN dbo.T_PRD_FTR_REF tpfr ON tpfr.PRDId = tp.PRDId
JOIN dbo.T_FTR tf ON tf.FTRId = tpfr.FTRId
WHERE (tt.HASPId = @KEY_ID)
What is a Windows 10 “big update”?
Starting with Windows 10, Microsoft has changed the manner in which they manage the release of the Windows OS.
Once Windows OS was a software product. Microsoft delivered various versions (Windows 98, NT, XP, and so on) and provided service packs or small patches for each of them.
Windows 10 is different. Windows 10 is not a software product but a service. Instead of releasing a new OS, Microsoft has been releasing new features to Windows 10 as a “big update” (or “big patch”).
[Windows 10 major big update]
Build 1607 | 2016 September | Anniversary Update
Build 1703 | 2017 April | Creators Update
Build 1709 | 2017 October | Creators Update Fall
How is a Windows 10 big update distributed online?
Big updates are distributed in three ways:
- Microsoft Site. After the official release date, you can find a link to get the big patch on the Microsoft Windows 10 official product site.
- Microsoft Distribution Plan. Windows Update users cannot obtain a big patch by request – they are dependent on Microsoft's distribution plan. Microsoft distributes the big patch as a Windows Update, but it is usually delivered 2-3 months after the official big patch release date. This is because Microsoft needs time to fix issues that are typically discovered by early installation from the Microsoft site.
- Insider Preview Program. Windows 10 users can get the latest big update before the official release via the Insider Preview Program, but these releases are categorized as "Preview Builds" and are not stable. Sentinel LDK does not support preview builds.
Possible issues faced after Windows upgrade:
1) Sentinel LDK License Manager service no longer available
After the installation of a big update, you might see "Sentinel LDK License Manager" service installed but stopped.
Resolution: Manually start the service from the Computer Management – “Services and Applications” panel.
2) SL-AdminMode license disappeared
If you have upgraded your system to the latest build right after the release date, you might note that your existing SL-AdminMode license has been removed and is no longer visible in the Admin Control Center on the page at http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html.
Resolution: Make sure License Manager is active (as described in issue 1). If the Sentinel LDK License Manager service is not present, install the Run-Time package again from one of the following links:
Your SL-AdminMode license will then be active again.
In case your Windows 10 OS was updated through an automatic Windows Update, your existing SL-AdminMode license should not be affected.
The issue does not affect SL-UserMode licenses or Sentinel HL USB dongles.
For any additional issues, please contact your Software Vendor.
SPI 7.6.9 Windows Installer for SuperPro/SHK/UltraPro has been released.
Enhancements and Problems Corrected in This Release
- For Sentinel System Driver, the support for Windows 10 Credential Guard and Device Guard has been added.
- Parallel Drivers installation has been removed from the default installation path. If required, a customer can install it from the custom installation path.
- The dependency on OpenSSL has been removed.
Direct links are:
- https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm/?id=kb_article&sys_id=58db2090dbe94784d298728dae961955 (SPI769W.iso)
- https://supportportal.gemalto.com/csm/?id=kb_article&sys_id=f4f769ae37950f44cc47261953990e44 (Sentinel_Protection_Installer_7.6.9.zip)
We’re happy to announce the GA release of Sentinel RMS 9.2 with Connected Licensing and Sentinel EMS Enterprise 4.2.
I. Sentinel RMS 9.2 with Cloud Connected Licensing
Sentinel RMS 9.2 with Cloud Connected Licensing introduces several new features and improvements:
1) Improved License Security With Asymmetrical Signing – generates RMS licenses signed using RSA-2048 which is the latest encryption standard available in the market.
2) Unified API Enhancements – adds more licensing use cases and functionalities in the next generation of Unified APIs.
3) Updated API Samples and Documentation – provides new samples for .Net, Java, C, cloud leased licensing and license revocation with updated layouts and formats.
II. Sentinel EMS 4.2
Sentinel EMS 4.2 introduces several new features and improvements:
1) Electronic Software Delivery as a Service (ESDaaS) – improves customer experience by providing instant and secure access to software downloads.
2) Support for Version-less Entitlements – allows vendors to simplify the selling process by creating version-less products and entitlements.
3) Transaction History Enhancements – enables viewing the transaction history of all entities, whether Entitlement or Activation.
4) Search Enhancements – includes improved search options such as “any” search providing a more consistent search experience.
5) Friendly Name Support For a Device – allows assigning a device-friendly name to the locking information of a device which can then be used to perform activation(s).
For more details refer this link.
We’re happy to announce the GA release of Sentinel LDK 7.6.
WHAT’S NEW IN SENTINEL LDK 7.6?
In this release of Sentinel LDK, we have enhanced the LDK licensing and protection to widely used operating systems and platforms, so that we can offer a breadth of solutions to our existing and new customers to match their needs. The new features and improvements introduced are as below:
1) AppOnChip 64-bit Support – allows ISVs to use the AppOnChip feature in Sentinel Envelope to protect both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows files (EXE and DLL files).
2) New Standalone Envelope Tool for Protecting National Instruments LabVIEW Application – provides a new standalone Envelope tool to ISVs who build and protect National Instruments LabVIEW applications (RTEXE) which run on cRIO-9030 or cRIO-9067 devices.
3) New Clone Protection Scheme for Android Devices – provides a new clone protection scheme (PMType4) for protected applications that are operated on Android devices. This feature is available only for applications which are protected with either perpetual or expiration date based licenses.
4) Added Support for Linux ARM – allows ISVs to use Sentinel Envelope on Linux Intel platform for protecting applications that run on 32-bit as well as 64-bit ARM platforms.
5) Physical Distribution Using Sentinel HL Drive microSD Keys – presents the Sentinel LDK software to the ISVs on a Sentinel HL Drive microSD key instead of on a DVD.
For further details please refer readme included in the package available at SCC
We are happy to announce the availability of Sentinel LDK and Sentinel HASP Run-time Environment Installer 7.60 for Windows, Linux and Mac.
Please refer to the readme included in the packages available at SCC to see the supported operating systems, enhancements, known compatibility issue, and issues resolved.
Recently we published RTE 7.54 on Windows Updates.
Few customers reported the following small issue when doing the upgrade (we had RTE 7.41 before and now RTE 7.54).
Issue: During the upgrade, haspdlock.sys driver might not be properly updated.
As a consequence, HASP4 protected application (which still relies on hardlock.sys to access the legacy dongle) fails to find the dongle.
We can quickly confirm it by running cmd-line command which shows hardlock.sys not running:
Solution: Reboot the machine. Or try first to restart hardlock.sys via CMD Prompt with Admin permissions:
We suspect that the reason for this is OS delays the stop of the old hardlock driver, and thus the start does not occur.
Below are the highlights:
- It is supported/possible to sign the Vendor DLL (by customer at their end) which is available at "C:\Program Files (x86)\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel EMS\EMSServer\webapps\ems\haspTools”
- Customer can also sign the generated RTE installer.
- We are though planning to provide signed VLIB (no tentative schedule as of now) . However, customer needs to sign generated RTE installer by themselves (as it is created at their end).
Select a product category:
Subscribe by email
Windows 10 Major Big Update: Issues with LDK Runtime and SL-Admin Mode(updated)
SM Client Services | December 22, 2017, 12:19 am
Sentinel RMS Envelope 1.0
SM Client Services | December 22, 2017, 12:19 am
Sentinel LDK Runtime v7.63 (Windows, Linux and Mac) available for download
SM Client Services | December 19, 2017, 06:01 am
Naming LDK HL key
SM Client Services | December 15, 2017, 01:34 am
.Net Core support with Sentinel LDK
SM Client Services | December 15, 2017, 01:33 am