- Trying to create a basic application installer, which includes SSDUSB.msm and SSDCONIFG.msm, using InstallShield.
- On Windows 7 64-bit machines, the installer runs fine but soon after connecting the sentinel key, it fails to find the location of sentinel drivers.
- As a result, the key is listed as ‘Other Devices’ under Device Manager.
- We can simply update the drivers under device manager by browsing it to the location C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel System Driver
- This will take care of the issue on the particular client machine
- After including the msm files, we need to add required custom actions (Refer to help file for the list of Custom Actions.)
- In the same InstallShield project create a new feature as “USB_Driver” and include ” SSDConfigFiles and SSDUSB” under this feature (as shown below.)
- Build the installer.
- Tested with InstallShield 2011 and InstallShield 2012 and it worked for me.