Below is the checklist to troubleshoot the license manager not running error:
- Run lsmon with license server IP address and see if the user is able to get the license details
- Run SLMDemo utility with license server IP address and see if user is able to request the license
- If any environment variable like LSHOST or LSFORCEHOST is set on user’s machine, check the server IP entered in the environment variable is correct or not
- Check if any firewall is not blocking UDP port 5093 as this is the port used by RMS communication.
- Check if ping can be successfully done from client machine to server so as to test if there are any connectivity issues.
- Check if the RMS service is running in services.msc .
- Check if the license request is possible when the antivirus is disabled.